Sunday, December 22, 2013

It Has Been Fun Thailand

"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is the change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." 
Miriam Beard

Summing up my past 3 months in Southeast Asia seems like an impossible task because there are too many experiences, memories, and people that played a part in my wonderful semester. I will miss the warm smiles (especially from the children), the chaotic (and sometimes overwhelming) markets, gorgeous temples, street food from the vendors, the scenic countryside and beaches, the various and sometimes unique forms of transportation, spending 5 different currencies in a week, traveling every weekend, 7-11s (my go-to shop here), and most importantly, the people that I spent my semester with.

I am thrilled by how independent I have become in such a foreign country halfway around the world. I am comfortable here. I have fallen in love with Thailand and the rest of Southeast Asia. It's mesmerizing. I am renewed with a drive to see the rest of the world because the more I see, the more I realize how large it is. I have become more confident in my skills, more passionate about learning, and am working to be a more positive person. I have Thailand to thank.

It's time to say goodbye for now, but I know I'll be back to this wonderful country which holds so many memories that are dear to my heart. See you later, Thailand. You've shown me the best time.

No comments:

Post a Comment